MOSCOW, August 24 (Itar-Tass) — Police have detained the 22nd suspect in the case over attack on residents of the village of Sagra, Sverdlovsk region. Porfiry Safarov has been on the wanted list, the Investigative Committee (SK) told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
A court has sanctioned his arrest.
The SK department for the Ural Federal District has ascertained the identity of almost all the attackers. There were 31 people in all. One of them, Farid Musayev, was killed in the conflict.
As of now, 21 participants in the fight have been charged under Articles 209 and 212 (“banditry” and “participating in mass disturbances”). Eighteen suspects are in custody, and three are on a written pledge not to leave town and behave properly.
The softer measure of restraint was applied because of their insignificant role in the crime, the SK said.
On August 15, police detained yet another attacker — Shota Katamadze — who had been on the wanted list.
Two suspects are still at large – Magomed Bekov and Ali Selimov.
The mass fight occurred at the entrance to Sagra overnight to July 1 between local residents and visitors from Yekaterinburg.
The fighters used knives, sticks and chains, as well as firearms.
A 28-year-old Yekaterinburg resident was killed in the fight.
Searches of the detainees found air pistols, nunchucks, baseball bats, batons, brass knuckles, an ax, ammunition for Kalashnikov file and large-calibre machine gun, and photos of gun-toting participants in the fight.