It seems that Russia, China, Ukraine, Belarus and South Korea to name a few, have all banned pork and pork products from Germany. They all gave Germany time to prove that dioxin was not present in German pork products. But as Germany has been unable or unwilling to supply such documentation. The importation has stopped, of all German pork products…
The so-called dioxin scandal flared up in early January because of the German Harles und Jentzsch Company, which used cheap inedible feeds instead of expensive edible fats. Some 5,000+ farms were closed down in Germany after dioxin was found in food fats. Dioxin is a poisonous substance that accumulates in the human body and may cause a number of grave illnesses to humans…
This is a big issue in Russia with the people. Sveta’s mother has worried because we like pork products. She stresses that we must make sure that it is not from Germany. The news for a few weeks now has been lit up with this scandal and it looks like it has come to roost, back on Germany…
What about the Western world, are you eating German Pork?
This should give a boost internally to Russian pork…
Windows to Russia!
- China bans imports over dioxin scare (ft.com)
- Germany slaughters pigs in dioxin scare (telegraph.co.uk)
- Russia Has No Grain, Well Maaaaybe… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russian version of WikiLeaks… (windowstorussia.com)
- Sveta Drinks Tea and I Drink Coffee… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Our Volga… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Russian Smile Realizations… (windowstorussia.com)
- Coffee and Teaching in Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- Shoe Shopping in Russia… (windowstorussia.com)
- Windows To Russia Mobile… (windowstorussia.com)
Tags: dioxin, edible fats, food fats, pigs, poisonous substance, russian pork, scandal, scare
More Related Posts to Read…
- No related posts.