MOSCOW, August 4 (Itar-Tass) —— Five foreign tourists, including two Russians, died over several past months in Spain’s Luna and Tropical Park Hotel in Majorka, the Baltic Association of consumer rights watch said on Thursday.
Spain’s media said that the tourists were killed by the gas leaking from conditioners in the hotel rooms.
Director General of the association Tatyana Kasyanova addressed Russians in an interview with the Russian News Service radio station “not to buy tours to that hotel, even if it fixes the conditioning system.”
The association tries to stop selling tours to that hotel until the police finalises the investigation there, she explained.
Rostourism is not commenting on the situation as yet, but the authority’s representative told Itar-Tass that “Rostourism is following up the situation.”
Russia’s Consulate in Barcelona said they did not have any information about those tragic events.
The first tourist from Russia, who stayed at that hotel, died in June. About a month later, Elena Polishchuk, 29 years old, from St. Petersburg died there.