23/7 Tass 153
TBILISI, July 23 (Itar-Tass) — Two Georgian citizens have been in a youth camp in Utoya when it was attacked on, Georgian consul to Denmark and Norway Nino Kochorashvili said.
The fate of one of the citizens is unknown yet, Kochorashvili told journalists on Saturday.
The diplomat, who is currently in Oslo, said two residents of Kutaisi – Natiya Chkhetiani and Tamta Liparteliani – had been in the youth camp in Utoya. “The Georgian consulate’s staff succeeded to contact with one of them – Natiya Chkhetiani. The woman said during the attack, she had not hurt and felt well,” Kochorashvili said.
The fate of Tamta Liparteliani is still unknown. The consulate’s staff failed to contact with her. “Norway is searching for the Georgian citizen,” the diplomat stressed.
Chkhetiani and Liparterliani are in the youth camp in Utoya at Norway’s invitation.
According to latest reports, the death toll from the blast in Oslo’s parliamentary quarters and the attack on the youth camp in Utoya reached 92. Local police said both crimes were committed by the same man, 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik.
Norway’s Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, who held a press conference on Saturday morning, said it is possible that more than one person was involved in the bombing and shooting attacks.
TV2 has reported that a second man was arrested in the city of Sundsvoll, outside the hotel where the Prime Minister along with the Justice Secretary and Foreign Minister were visiting survivors and victims’ relatives. The channel stressed that it is far too early to determine if the detainee is in fact the second gunman. He was found to be carrying a knife in his pocket.
The man, who identified himself as Alexander Stavedal, was standing next to reporters when the police apprehended him. Before being taken away by the officers, the man said he was a member of the Labour Party’s youth wing and was carrying a knife because he felt unsafe, the Associated Press reports.
Russia deeply condoles with the families of those killed in terrorist acts in Norway, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“An international response to such insensate acts of violence will be further strengthening of cooperation between states and civil society to counteract extremism and crime,” the statement said.
“We express sincere condolences to the families of the killed and convey sympathies with those wounded. We express our solidarity with Norwegians in these sorrowful days,” the ministry stressed.
A spokesman for Moscow police told Itar-Tass that no robust security measures had been taken around the Norwegian Embassy in Moscow. “Police are working in a regular regimen,” the spokesman said.
However, the Russian people are coming to the embassy to express condolences on the disastrous terrorist acts in Norway. They lay flowers and light candles.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin expressed condolences to King Harald V of Norway and Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg on the death of people in the bomt blast in Oslo and the shooting at the youth camp in Utoya, the Kremlin press service reported.