* U.S. President Barack Obama stood in front of Washington’s biggest pro-Israeli lobby and reiterated that peace between Israel and the Palestinians should be based on the country’s pre-1967 borders.
* At least 16 people died in and around Baghdad in a series of 10 or more bomb attacks.
* At least 10 people were killed when security forces opened fire at a funeral procession of those killed in Friday’s protests in central Syria.
* Provincial authorities in Pakistan have appointed a special investigation commission to probe circumstances in which five people, reportedly Russians, were killed by police.
* Georgian opposition leader and former parliament speaker Nino Burjanadze called on supporters to remain in front of the state television building overnight for a third day of anti-government protests on Monday.
* The area affected by wildfires raging in Siberia expanded by 950 hectares to about 2,000 hectares in 24 hours, the Emergencies Ministry reported.
* Two goals from Ivory Coast striker Seydou Doumbia won the Russian Cup for CSKA Moscow on a sun-bathed evening in Yaroslavl.
* Two NASA astronauts from the space shuttle Endeavour performed the sixth-longest spacewalk in history after needing extra time to finish maintenance work on the International Space Station.