With the Russian threat to cut land routes for supply to Nato troops in Afghanistan, the Afghan battleground may turn into a cold deathtrap for Nato, defence analysts believe. They say that Pakistan should utilize the opportunity for a peaceful and prosperous Pakistan by pulling it out of the American war.
Russia has threatened to cut off Nato supply routes to Afghanistan if the alliance doesn’t compromise on its missile defense plans. “If Nato doesn’t give a serious response, we have to address matters in relations in other areas,” Russian news services reported. Russia’s cooperation on Afghanistan may be an area for review, the news services reported.
Pakistan has already cut the Nato supply route after the Mohmand Agency attack by Nato troops that killed twenty-six Pakistani soldiers.
Hmmm – Could a Big Bear be getting fed up with someone?
Windows to Russia!
- Transitory friendships: US vulnerable over Afghan supply (rt.com)
- Washington maintains its stance on European missile shield (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Russia Considers Blocking NATO Supply Routes. (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)
- NATO, Russian envoys to address US missile defense (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Pakistan blocks NATO supply route to Afghanistan after raid kills 28 (coffee.windowstorussia.com)
- You: Russia threatens to block Nato supply routes (nation.com.pk)
- US-Russia Reset vs. European Missile Shield (rt.com)
- Russia Considers Blocking NATO Supply Routes – Wall Street Journal (online.wsj.com)
- Russia may drop NATO summit over missile defense (rt.com)
- Missile defense sparks diplomatic offensive (rt.com)