Almost 100 Russians tourists poisoned in Turkey

Almost 100 Russian tourists have received medical assistance after suspected food poisoning in the Turkish resort city of Alanya, officials said on Wednesday.

Russia’s tourist watchdog said 98 tourists had been poisoned and that eight remained in hospital.

The tourists were all staying at the Club Gunes Garden hotel. Turkish health officials have taken samples of the hotel’s food and drinks.

Five Russian tourists died in Turkey’s Bodrum in late May after drinking bootleg whiskey on a sailing trip organized by a local company.

Leave a comment