A schoolgirl has been injured and a horse she was riding killed, after receiving an electric shock when stepping on a buried electrical cable in Moscow, Komsomolskaya Pravda tabloid reported on Monday.
The incident occurred on Saturday evening when 15-year-old Maria Vorontsova and a friend decided to go horse riding in South-East Moscow.
The girls hired horses at a private stable, and were riding around the streets of a residential district when they decided to bypass a pool and the horses stepped onto a grass lawn.
“The ground was wet and my horse stumbled, then the animal stepped over something, and started shaking. It fell down and I was unable to get out from under it,” Vorontsova said, adding that the horse died.
The girl received electric shock. She was taken to hospital with hearth rhythm disorder. “This electric shock also provoked an epileptic seizure,” a doctor said.