I woke up this morning and looked at some mainstream news head lines. It was really very depressing and as you can see from a random selection of just a few titles. It looks like the world is going to end tomorrow. Except with the fact that Obama needs to get busy and raise a billion dollars to work on that reelection…
I then would have swore I saw “Chicken Little” running around with his head covered. While I walked the dog…
Well… Then again maybe the world is coming to an end! Anytime that a politician needs a billion dollars to get elected then we have lost total sight of what is important in life and we are headed off that cliff like the lemmings in the old game…
Iran, U.S. prepare for ‘last chance’ nuclear talks
from Wash Post World by Joby WarrickDOHA,
Iran has escalated its routine bluster in the run-up to next week’s nuclear talks in Istanbul, suggesting the Jan. 21-22 meeting could be a “last chance” for major powers to strike a deal. On Wednesday, it had its reply from the United States’ top diplomat: Get serious.
from TIME.com: Top World Stories,
Its long-dormant army may be muscling into U.S.-Chinese relations. That can’t be good
from BBC News,
US Defence Secretary Robert Gates, speaking in Japan, tells North Korea it is time to show concrete evidence that it is committed to talks.
from BBC News,
The US military’s top officer Adm Mike Mullen warns that there will be an increase in bloodshed in Afghanistan this year.
Wall Street Journal,
Democratic Officials Say Early Start Is Needed in Part to Commence Fund-Raising for Contest Expected to Cost $1 Billion.
By Rudy Ruitenberg (Bloomberg),
The world may face social unrest including food riots in April as grain prices increase, said Philippe Chalmin, an economic adviser to the French government.
That cup of coffee was really good and I decided that the news was trying to irritate me today. So I just ignored the world for hours this morning and reprogrammed my new Android Phone…
The only thing above that we should be truly worried about out of all these articles is the food issue. The rest of them are propaganda trash. So while Obama needs a billion dollars to play president, Iran is threatened with an ultimatum again, China is walking around with a big chip on her shoulder, North Korea is scolded again and we find out that Afghanistan is getting worse (again). The world is starving and riots will be in our future…
I do know that the world population has reached almost 7 billion and is said to surpass that in 2011. Try this chart from Wikipedia…
Now chart above looks like a real problem! Don’t you think? Takes a lot of food to feed that many people. Don’t you think? Hummm…
Windows to Russia!
- Gates on N Korea: Get ‘serious’ – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Gates: N. Korea will be threat to U.S. in 5 years (msnbc.msn.com)
- US Concerns Over North Korea Rise (time.com)
- Iran: Nuke Talks May Be West’s ‘Last Chance’- Israel: Iran Is Region’s Primary Concern (foxnews.com)
- Coffee and North/South Korea and “Stupid is as Stupid Does”… (windowstorussia.com)
- Since South Korea Started This in the First Place… (windowstorussia.com)
- Important: Looks Like Bill Richards Was Successful in the Defusing of the Korea’s… (windowstorussia.com)
- The US is Really Helping the Situation in Korea… (windowstorussia.com)
- We Got a Big Problem and it is Getting Much Worse… (windowstorussia.com)
- Are We Stirring Up A Second Cold War? (windowstorussia.com)
Tags: cup of coffee, food riots, mainstream news, what is important in life
More Related Posts to Read…
- Will The START Treaty Be Passed in the American Senate? (4)
- We Got a Big Problem and it is Getting Much Worse… (3)
- US Senate’s Amendments to START: Essentially Strike Out the Document… (2)
- START Was Approved by the USA Senate… (17)
- Snowing and Coffee and Nitroglycerin… (4)