Dmitry Medvedev met with Pope Benedict XVI and Vatican Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone.
This was the first official visit of a Russian leader to the Vatican since establishment of full-format diplomatic relations. Following his brief working visit to the Vatican on December 3, 2009, Dmitry Medvedev signed an executive order on establishing diplomatic relations at the level of a Russian Federation Embassy in the Vatican.
The discussion focused on prospects for humanitarian, social, scientific, educational and cultural cooperation. Besides, the parties reviewed opportunities for promoting dialogue among confessions. (Link)
Now that is just way to cool. What a fantastic photo…
Windows to Russia!
- Medvedev and Pontiff discuss ties between religious confessions (rt.com)
- Medvedev visits Italy to talk business and culture (rt.com)
- From Russia to Rome: Medvedev to meet Pope on official visit (rt.com)
- Vatican: pope, Russian leader want stronger ties (sfgate.com)
- Medvedev Speaks at the Taj Mahal… (windowstorussia.com)
- Palestinian State: Russia Unchanged Opinion From Soviet Era… (windowstorussia.com)
- Results of Medvedev’s visit to the Middle East… (windowstorussia.com)
- Feburary 1st – Boris Yeltsin’s Birthday… (windowstorussia.com)
- Let The Supplies Roll Toward Afghanistan… (windowstorussia.com)
- Emergency meeting following explosion at Domodedovo Airport… (windowstorussia.com)
- Russian News on 11/12/2010… (windowstorussia.com)
- Protect All The People Russia: Not Just a Chosen Few… (windowstorussia.com)
Tags: cultural cooperation, diplomatic relations, Dmitry Medvedev, pope benedict, pope benedict xvi, russian leader, russian news, tarcisio bertone, vatican
More Related Posts to Read…
- Yup Says Russia – Medvedev is Back… (13)
- Yes, Russia’s Backing of Iran Sanctions Starting to Collapse… (12)
- Yes Russian Abused Another Reporter… (32)
- Wildfires Continues in Volgograd Region and Spreading toward Rostov Region… (2)
- We Will Buy YOU! (0)