Over 10 people poisoned with chlorine fumes in swimming pool in U.S.

A dozen people were poisoned with chlorine fumes at a Long Island swimming school in New York after a pool pump malfunctioned, The New York Post reported on Sunday, referring to Suffolk County police.
Eight children, including a 3-year-old, and four adults got sick on Saturday at the Saf-T Swim on Grand Boulevard in Deer Park when a concentration of chlorine burst into the pool from the broken pump, the paper said.
They were taken to Southside and Good Samaritan hospitals, where everyone was treated and released, the paper said.
The school has been closed at least until Monday to repair the equipment, the paper said.
MOSCOW, April 3 (RIA Novosti)

Leave a comment