According to a survey by the All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM),
1. 70 per cent of Russians believe that the threat of a conflict with Ukraine over Crimea could become a reality.
2. Seventeen per cent of those polled do not exclude the possibility that the conflict may involve military forces.
3. Over a half the respondents say a diplomatic conflict between Russia and Ukraine is the most probable scenario.
4. 13 per cent of respondents say there will be no conflict over Crimea between the two countries.
5. The survey also revealed that 44 per cent think a discussion over the territorial alignment of the peninsula needs to take place.
6. The majority of Russians who hold this view have visited Crimea at least once since the disintegration of the Soviet Union.
7. Just 22 per cent of the respondents who visited the region only during the Soviet times do not expect any future discussion on the Crimean question.
*** VCIOM Survey: The survey was carried out by VCIOM on February 14-15, 2009 and 1,600 people in 140 towns in 42 regions of Russia were polled. The statistical margin of error does not exceed 3.4 %.
Kyle & Svet
comments always welcome.
THE COMMENT FINE PRINT - IN DEFENSE AGAINST MENTAL MIDGETS:Why do you not respond to my comment? Why is my comment gone? Why are you mean? Why do I hate you for erasing my comment? Why do you hate me for my comment? Why is cussing not allowed (Sometimes you do it - sorta!), when it helps me express my feelings? Why are you a #$&%@#? Why is it wrong to wish you dead? Why do you love Russia? Why are you stupid? Why are you unpatriotic? Why is, why is, why is and why is? My GOD man, Why are you worse than a communist?
The above manifestations of a horde of mental midgets is why I only respond to comments that have signed up to be a user of the blog! (Top right of website is link!) Anyone can comment and anyone can be erased after they comment, but only someone who takes the time to sign up gets a second look from me at the comment. Sorry: I have to draw the line somewhere and when you get thousands of spam, hate and death threat comments a day, then all you do is look at spam, hate and death threats, then I never get anything else done. If you comment after signing in, then I will get a message that someone has tried to post a real comment?
Thanks for understanding and even if you don't understand, thanks anyway...
Another day in the life of Windows to Russia...