Rescuers in Russia’s Far Eastern region of Primorye are checking a report of another shark attack a day after the swimming ban was lifted, a spokesman for the region’s rescue service said on Saturday.
“We received information that a man was attacked by a shark near the town of Slavyanka. The report is currently being verified,” the spokesman said.
He added that only doctors could establish whether the man, who had been injured in the leg and other body parts, was indeed attacked by a shark.
This incident, if confirmed, will be the third attack of a shark recorded in Far East in less than two weeks. One of the victims, a 16-year-old boy suffered leg injuries, while the other, a 25-year-old man, lost both his hands.