ANKARA, August 29 (Itar-Tass) — A total of 103 Russian nationals have turned to the Russian Consulate General for help on Monday after they got poisoned at a hotel of Alanya, Consul General in Antalya Alexander Tolstopyatenko told Tass.
“We have received complaints from 103 Russian nationals holidaying at Lara Park Hotel in Alanya. According to our data, this is already the third poisoning at this hotel during this holiday season,” he said. “We are looking into the situation,” the consul general added.
He said the poisoned tourists had their insurance documents issued by the Ingosstrakh insurance company. It is now settling formalities connected with tourists’ medical treatment. Lara Park Hotel cooperates with Russia’s Tez Tour operator.
Poisoning cases at health resorts are registered from time to time. Often they are connected with acclimatisation of tourists, but sometimes hotel leadership is to blame, as they can buy poor quality products, disregards norms of their storage in conditions of hot weather with temperatures reaching 40 degrees Celsius or disregard hygienic norms when swimming pools are cleaned.
Earlier on Monday, Russian Consul Vladimir Biryukov did not rule out that the Consulate General would appeal to the Russian Federal Agency for Tourism with a request not to recommend that hotel to people going to Turkey.
An analogous poisoning was fixed in Alanya on July 16, when 16 Russian tourists holidaying at Gunes Garden Hotel were rushed to hospital. All in all, about 100 tourists sought medical assistance because of digestive troubles.