Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Friday its orders so far this year had exceeded $38 billion.
It said aircraft and airborne weapon systems accounted for over 50% of all export orders.
“Despite serious competition, demand grows from year to year,” the company said in a press release.
“Our cooperation is expanding with leading foreign manufacturers, especially on new joint projects and R&D programs.”
Rosoboronexport handles over 80% of Russian arms exports.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Russia tries to stop China’s fighter jets – Wendell Minnick (chinaherald.net)
- The F-22 and F-35 Killer Finally Captured In Action [Aircrafts] (gizmodo.com)
- Russian News: February 29th, 2008! (windowstorussia.com)
- You: India allocates $11 bln to build six new submarines: paper (nation.com.pk)
- Kremlin links Iran sanctions support with U.S. move (reuters.com)
- Russia Losing Valuable Arms Buyer as Chinese Defense Industry … (defensetech.org)
- Pakistan JF-17 to Participate in Farnborough Air Show in UK (teabreak.pk)
- U.S. lifts sanctions on Russian arms exporter (reuters.com)
- Austerity clouds outlook at Farnborough air show (sfgate.com)
- At Air Show, the Economic View Depends on the Plane (nytimes.com)