The Moscow Metro has to grow. The volume of riders is almost unbelievable. I still am shocked at the vast array of humanity that works their way through the tunnels of the Moscow Metro. To keep up the metro must grow…
The purple pink lines are the ones to be finished by 2015. The yellow lines are the ones to be finished by 2020. The blue – who knows when it could be done? The grey lines are the existing lines…
The Moscow Metro is the life line of this city because above ground you have a daily traffic snarl that makes the Metro seem pleasant by comparison. I also hear that they are installing new cars on some of the lines. Air conditioned and much more pleasant to ride. Sveta says she does not like them and likes the older cars better. I have not been on one yet so I would not know…
This is a great map of the Moscow Metro and it will expand to a huge size if you so desire to keep it. Just click on the map above and then according to your browser save image…
Latest numbers from official site.
Windows to Russia!
- MTS wi-fi goes underground (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Commuters outraged as central metro hub remains closed (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Have a nice day: Moscow Metro upgrades customer service (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Power of attraction: Pilgrims flock to Our Lady’s Belt (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Biscuits and cookies to color routine of Metro travelers (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Enlarged Moscow City to see metro lines extension. (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Moscow’s tourist attractions to feature more English (news.windowstorussia.com)
- Difference: Kiev is so Tiny Compared to Moscow… (windowstorussia.com)